When traveling to Guatemala City with children you can find many options to have fun. Here are some of my suggestions of what to do with children:
- Museo de los Niños (Kids Museum). A nice children museum to go with children up to 9 or 10 years. It has a small city, a giant balls pool, a theater, an earthquake simulator and some great games, and activities for children.
- La Aurora Zoo. Guatemala has a nice zoo where most animals are without cages. It has different areas with the typical zoo animals like hippos, lions, tigers, zebras, giraffes and camels; as well as an area with local animals like jaguars, and some other small cats and birds.
- Irtra Petapa. This is great amusement park with rides for small and big children. It also has a dinosaur park, a small zoo and a pool. It is good for people of all ages.
- Relief Map of Guatemala. A huge relief map of Guatemala, with observation towers, that shows the hole country as well as Belize.
- Train Museum. A museum with trains that used to work in Guatemala, that you can climb into.
- Army Museum. A outside museum a plane, an helicopter, a tank and other army objects, including weapons and uniforms.